Malmesbury SN16 0RB, UK
Whatley Manor in Malmesbury is a beautiful 17th century farmhouse set in 12 acres of interesting manicured garden. Explore the classic English Rose garden, kitchen garden and the more contemporary Loggia Garden to name a few. This striking manor house really does have the wow factor with its cutting-edge spa and gardens that you could only ever dream of.
Food and Drink at Whatley Manor
Executive Chef, Niall Keating was awarded a Michelin star in 2017 for his culinary skills in The Dining Room. In October 2019 Niall won the amazing accolade of a second Michelin star!
The food is mainly Modern British with a twist and is inspired by Niall’s worldwide travels. Grey’s Brasserie has a more contemporary feel and is great for a relaxed lunch or dinner. We recommend dining al fresco on the terrace when the sun is shining. The Kitchen Garden also offers a very relaxed social affair, with tapas-style small plates and wonderful cocktails.
The 23 rooms at this luxury hotel in Malmesbury are seriously stylish and blend modern design with wooden floors, tactile fabrics and leaded windows. The views here are to die for and will make you want to linger with breakfast in bed.
The Aquarias Spa at Whatley Manor is a perfect place to relax and also recharge those batteries. Guests can make use of the indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy pools, thermal suite and a well-equipped gym. The Natura Bissé Diamond Ritual was created especially for Aquarias Spa and includes a lavender back massage and facial to energise the skin and restore youthful elasticity.
Beyond the hotel gates, the delights of Malmesbury, Tetbury await.
Whatley Manor welcomes children from the age of 12 years.
Tips from the hotel
Allow time to explore the gardens at the hotel – unusually Whatley Manor has more gardens (26) than guest bedrooms (23).
HRH Prince Charles’ garden at nearby Highgrove House offers occasional tours.
Grey’s Brasserie has a sophisticated city brasserie vibe, stylish surroundings and easy ambience. Contemporary menus offer simple dishes expertly delivered.
Favourite shops in Tetbury include Domestic Science (vintage and contemporary) and Top Banana (old school antiques).
3 nights for the price of 2
Book our Summer Saver package, that includes room and breakfast each night and receive a complimentary 3rd night.
Join us on a Monday and Tuesday throughout the Summer and have Wednesday night free!
Rooms start from £598 for a two-night stay for two guests plus a complimentary 3rd night.
- Full Breakfast selection each morning
- Full use of Aquarias Spa
- Tea and coffee making facilities in your room
Valid – For arrival Mondays only from 3 June to the 26 August 2019, subject to availability
A Michelin Star Expereince
Four Day Christmas House Party
Join us at Whatley Manor for a truly magical four day Christmas celebration.
The house is beautifully dressed for the season, fine food and wine are delivered in abundance, the spa offers relaxation and the ambience is house party fun. Let us make your Christmas hotel break in the Cotswolds truly special.
Four-day Christmas celebration package.
Monday 23rd December
- Arrive at your leisure where a chilled bottle of champagne awaits you in your room with a festive fruit plate and treats
- Join us in the Drawing Room for afternoon tea while listening to our musical entertainment
- Dinner is served in The Dining Room where guests will enjoy our 12-course dining experience
- Coffee and treats in the lounge
Tuesday 24th December – Christmas Eve
- Breakfast is served in The Dining Room
- A light lunch to be enjoyed at your leisure
- Enjoy a wine tasting in the afternoon, hosted by our Sommelier in the Green Room
- Make your way over to the cinema room and enjoy a movie with popcorn and refreshments
- A relaxed evening enjoying a seafood and steak supper menu served in Grey’s Brasserie
- We provide transport for guests wishing to experience Midnight Mass at Malmesbury Abbey
- Digestives and chocolates are served on your return
Wednesday 25th December – Christmas Day
- The festivities begin with a Champagne breakfast
- Apéritif and canapé reception served in The Drawing Room
- Traditional four course Christmas lunch with all the festive trimmings served in The Dining Room
- Finish the day with a relaxed evening buffet is served in The Drawing Room
- Guests can enjoy plenty of board games afterwards to keep everyone amused
Thursday 26th December – Boxing Day
- Begin Boxing Day with your “favourite breakfast” from our menu
- Transfer by coach to Westonbirt Arboretum and enjoy a gentle walk around the magical woodland
- Hot soup, snacks and mulled wine served in The Green Room await your return
- Join in with a festive wine tasting with our Sommelier
- A five course Black Tie Gala dinner with wine pairing served in The Dining Room
- Our live band will keep you dancing until midnight in the Drawing Room
Friday 27th December
- Complete your stay with a final Whatley Breakfast before you depart at your leisure
Rates are per room per stay based on two guests sharing and include the ‘Christmas Celebration’ package, full use of Aquarias Spa and vat. Additional guests and sole occupancy rates on application.
Arrival 23rd December and departure 27th December 2019
- Classic Room: £3,750
- Superior Room: £3,950
- Junior Suite: £4,300
- Suite: £4,750
- Grand Suite: £5,300
Dogs are charged at £200.00 each and include the provision of a luxury dog basket, food and dog treats during your stay. Dog friendly rooms are subject to availability.
Westonbirt Arboretum is 5km away
Cotswolds Finest Guide to Gloucester Cathedral is 32km away